The significant recognitions and awards received by CGG during the year under consideration are as follows
- CGG has been chosen for the membership of the United Nations Online Network of Public Administration & Finance (UNPAN)
- CGG has been awarded with m Billionth Award South Asia 2010 under category M-HEALTH for it's project on Student Health Information Tracking System (SWHITS) developed for Andhra Pradesh Social Welfare Residential Educational Institutions Society
- Reservoir Storage Monitoring System developed by Centre for Good Governance for CADA and I & CAD Dept. AP Govt. has won the "Silver Award" in National Awards for e - Governance 2009-10 under the category "Innovative Usage of Technology in e Governance"
- Certificate of Appreciation for Housing Online Monitoring and e-Governance System developed by Centre for Good Governance [Category e-Governance] For being a finalist in manthan award for South Asia 2009
- CGG has been awarded registration U/S 12AA of the Income tax Act 1961 exempting CGG from paying Income Tax
- Awarded 1st prize at Asia Pacific users conference 2007 for the paper “School Score Card – GIS” by ESRI - Jan 2007
- “Best IT Implementation of the year 2006” award by PC Quest 2006 for Model Town and Village Information System for monitoring INDIRAMMA programme of Govt of AP in July 2006)
- “Best IT Implementation of the year 2006” award by PC Quest 2006 for Online Legal Case Load Management System (OLCMS) for Govt of AP in July 2006.
Some of the previous awards/recognitions bagged by CGG during the previous year include:
- GoAP has declared CGG as a Centre of Excellence for Research.
- The Department of Scientific & Industrial Research, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India has accorded recognition to CGG as a Scientific and Industrial Research Organization under the Scheme on Recognition of Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (SIROs)-1988.
- Inter-State Council Secretariat has recommended the model of CGG to States and Union Territories and several states are seeking the assistance of CGG to establish their own state centres of excellence for action research and change management for good governance.
- National Awards: CGG added to its tally of 8 national awards received till last year with the selection of ‘CM Office Management System’ application for the ‘Award. This tool was developed by CGG with the direction and assistance provided by the Deputy Secretary to the Chief Minister.
- CGG has been chosen for membership of the United Nations Online Network of Public Administration & Finance (UNPAN).
CGG bags National Awards for e-Governance Initiatives
The Centre for Good Governance has the unique distinction of receiving the highest number of National Awards as an institution in the area of e-Governance instituted by the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Government of India. The awards were presented by Government of India at Chennai in the 7th National Conference on e-Governance held during November 13-15, 2003 and were received by Executive Director, CGG.
- Golden Icon Award in the Best Paper Category for Paper on "Andhra Pradesh: Improving Governance through Performance Management"
- Certificate of Merit for Excellence in e-Governance tools
- P-Track - Online Performance Tracking System
- Food for Work - SGRY Monitoring System
- Plantation Performance Management System
- Project Management in Urban Governance (in collaboration with AP Urban Services for Poor Project)
Total Awards given by the Ministry : 36
Awards given to Andhra Pradesh (Highest Number) : 8
Out of 8 Awards given to Andhra Pradesh, 5 awards were bagged by the Centre for Good Governance.