Position : Program Manager (Human Development Resource Group - HDRG)
JOB CODE : HDRGPM
Department / Wing : Knowledge & Research Division
Reports to : Director/Associate Director (HDRG)
Purpose of the Job : To provide leadership and project execution level support to the Resource Group activities in Education, Health, Welfare, Inclusiveness, Equity and allied sectors and other issues of transparency and accountability
Position objectives : This position will work in close collaboration with Resource Group team. S/he will be responsible to provide vision, technical leadership, and management support for the group’s knowledge management activities and ensures their alignment with the overall project goal and objectives. S/he will be responsible for networking and regular liaison with leading international and national projects and agencies engaged in Human development and related areas. Serves as a core member of the project’s management team.
Critical Functions of the Job :Business Development, Project Execution, Research & Publications, and Internal Organizational Support
|Minimum Education Required||Minimum Experience Required|
10 years and above of overall experience in Consulting / Research / Training etc. with at least 3 years of experience in reputed organization projects.
The Program Manager will contribute to all aspects of the Human Development area, but in particular will undertake and lead projects and new business development activities. She or he will take initiatives to procure projects and responsibility for supervision of staff engaged on specific sections of a project.
Be IT literate, including competency in Microsoft Office.
Experience in the academia or research institutions, with a focus on socio-economic analysis, experience with gendered analysis and the development of composite indices, and social impact assessment, preferably with international organizations. is considered to be an asset.
- To contribute to the preparation of the Annual Action Plans of the Resource Group
- To participate in the Business Development activities such as
a) Liaison with key officials of the prospective organizations
b) Implementing the BD activities as finalized by the superior officers of the Resource Group
c) Planning and implementing the BD activities as finalized by the superior officers of the Resource Group
d) Updating the superior officers of the Resource Group on the progress of the BD activities assigned / planned
- Participate in business development by managing and winning proposals from international and national agencies and UN, World Bank aid–funded tenders
- Contribute innovative approaches and methodologies to proposals and programmes
- To contribute to the preparation of project plans and schedules for the projects assigned and execute project activities, as per the project plans and schedules
- To give inputs and guidance to the subordinate officers executing projects / assigned activities
- To sort out any issues emerging during the implementation of the projects and escalate the same, in case they need intervention of the superior officers
- To participate in Monthly Reviews / Milestone Reviews to update the superior officers of the Resource Group on the status of assigned activities
- To interact regularly with the clients and realize payments, as per the agreed upon Schedules of Payments
- To prepare appropriate knowledge resources such as project case studies, project data sheets, updated CVs of the Resource Group etc., on closure of the projects
- To assist the superior officers of the Resource Group in identifying renowned organizations / consultants, working in the focus areas of the Resource Group
- To participate in the publication activities of the Resource Group, such as research studies, case studies, paper presentations and publications
- To take care of required correspondence with the clients, prospecting organizations etc. and maintain related files
- To offer required support to the internal CGG Developmental Activities
- To work with other team members in achieving organization objectives
- This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to discharge responsibility by the superiors from time to time.
How to apply :
Candidates having required qualification and experience can submit their application online through http://careers.cgg.gov.in/apply.do (The last date for applying online is 16.09.2017 5.00 pm)