Lakshmi Prasanna Chodavarapu
Consultant - Law
Key Areas: Areas of practice- Contracts, land laws and constitutional matters. Consulting in Public procurement, Transparency, RTI, Litigation strategies for government
Smt. Lakshmi Prasanna Chodavarapu has been practicing Law for the last 15 years in Civil, Appellate and Writ Jurisdiction in City Civil Courts and High Court of Andhra Pradesh.
She worked as Asst.Legal Advisor, APTRANSCO for 2 years-on Power Purchase Agreements, Service matters and Tender Analysis.
Before joining on a full time basis, she worked on a part-time basis as Consultant in CGG- on RTI, UID project, service contracts.
She was appointed as a Legal Consultant for Ministry of Panchayati Raj, Government of India and renders legal opinion as a Panel Advocate forState Bank Of Hyderabad and State Bank of Travancore.
As a legal associate of Quislex, New York based legal firm, she worked on Contract analysis and management, merger and acquisition matters, anti-trust litigation.
She is empanelled as Certified Arbitrator with International Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution (ICADR).
As Consultant- Law, presently working on RTI implementation, public procurement for Civil supplies Dept., Land laws-reforms, contract analysis and preparation of RFP for various service contracts, legislative drafting, Third party audit for pro-active disclosure under RTI, exploring Litigation policy-reducing government litigation...
Her articles/ papers published in Law journals-
AIR All India Law journal-
- In Defence of the Accused: Paradigm Shift in the interpretation of the principles and procedures of Criminal Jurisprudence
- Section 23 of the Hindu Succession Act 1956: Protection of Women’s property rights
ALT-Andhra Law Times
- Uniform Civil Code: A bonafide exercise in social consolidation and national integration, providing legal remedies for problems common to all communities
- Critical Analysis of Supreme Court Judgment on Medical Negligence
- Obscenity: Doctrine of prohibitory Injunction
Her Academic Qualifications-
B.Sc.(Electronics) LL.M(Specialization in Jurisprudence, thesis on “Protection of human rights through Public Interest Litigation)PG Diploma in ADR methods – ICADR, NALSAR University, Hyderabad.