Project : Comprehensive Online Application for Labour Department
User Department(s):Government of Telangana, Department of Labour
The objective of the Project was to develop an online system for citizens, to apply for various services under various Labour Act’s duly avoiding manual process. All the department functions like issuing of licenses, renewal certificates under various Act’s are extensively covered. Schemes like self-certification, third-party verification, Welfare Fund are also made online. Any citizen who does business and needs any license for their business establishments existing in the geographical area of Telangana can apply through the web portal from any part of the World.
The benefits accrued to the Client includes:
1. Avoid submitting applications personally in the Labour Department offices spreading across Telangana
2. Avoid going to Authorized Banks for making fee payment through challans
3. Avoid attending Labour Department offices, for finding application status and for collecting License Certificates
The services can be accessed through three service delivery channels – 1) Labour Department portal 2) Mee-Seva portal 3) TS-iPASS portal.
Currently, about 1,62,000 applications were received from citizens seeking various approvals. Of this, around 70 percent applications were received through main portal – Labour Department portal (www.labour.telangana.gov.in); and around 30 percent applications were received through Mee-Seva Centres (Single-window for several services pertaining to various Departments) across Telangana state.
Benefits/uses of the application:
- The applicant can apply through Online for any service instead of personally visiting Labour department office and also can pay the prescribed fee online at his own convenient time
- The applicant can track the status his application and can download the digitally signed license certificate through online instead of personally visiting the office
- The applicant can maintain the history of all applications in his/her dedicated dashboard
- It is an Integrated Online Application, where citizens can apply for services from 3 web portals – 1) Labour Department portal, 2) Mee-Seva centres 3) TS-iPASS portal and status can be tracked in their respective dashboards
- The applicants can download inspection reports online and also receive SMS alerts during different stages of the application process
- The facility is provided to know the status of their application through a Mobile App
The application will be deemed approved if an official does not respond within the prescribed timeline
Link to the website/application: