- Year of Completion : 2021
- User Department : Madras Fertilizers Limited
Madras Fertilizers Limited (MFL) is one of the nine Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) administered by the Department of Fertilizers, Govt. of India for production of fertilizer products such as Urea, NPK and other bio-fertilizers required for the agriculture sector. The distribution of fertilizer products of the company promoted though a strong network of regional offices and dealers in south Indian States. Since the company is currently running with acute shortage of manpower, it had floated a tender for conducting Manpower Rationalization study. Scope of the study includes manpower rationalization, review of organization structure and preparation of strategic training plan considering the operations, future plans of the organization.
After selecting based on a competitive bidding, CGG has carried out the study in three phases:
- Phase I – Manpower rationalization through interactions of MFL employees of different sections of various departments
- Phase II – Best practice study of the similar organizations, i.e., Rashrtiya Chemicals and Fertilizers Limited (RCFL), Trombay, Mumbai and National Fertilizers Limited, Panipat plants for identifying best practices in terms of organization structure, trainings and productivity improvement tools.
- Phase III – Data Analysis and Report Preparation.