- Year of Completion : 2017 & 2018
- User Department : General Administration Department (GPM &AR), Govt. of Telangana
The Government of Telangana instituted Telangana State Excellence Awards (TEXA) in 2017 to recognize the exemplary public service rendered by Civil Servants working at different levels. This award has been conceptualized mainly to recognize outstanding work done by Civil Servants, who do not belong to the uniformed services. Telangana is the only state in the country to recognise exemplary public service rendered by Civil Servants apart from PM’s Awards for Excellence in Public Administration, at National Level. On 21st May 2018, TEXA was presented for the year 2017 and 2018 to 43 Civil Servants under General, Innovation and Flagship Programme categories.
CGG’s Role: CGG was involved in the multiple-stage rigorous process of
- Designing the nomination form
- Formulating selection criteria
- Screening processes at various levels
- Evaluation of applications which included field verification (across various districts of Telangana) with concerned officials/applicants, relevant stakeholders and more importantly interacting with direct beneficiaries of the related/nominated programme
- Presentations to various committees
- Providing unbiased opinion to TEXA-2017/2018 Committee on the nominations received.
The entire exercise was based on the programmes which demonstratedInnovation/Uniqueness, Sustainability, Replicability and Scalability (wherever applicable)and was completed in a record time of two months