Project : Comprehensive Online Application for Fire Department
Telangana State Disaster Response and Fire Services Department, Government of Telangana
Portals for various regulatory departments like Fire, Labour, Factories, and Boilers in Telangana State has been developed by Centre for Good Governance, Hyderabad for providing time-bound industrial clearances to entrepreneurs to facilitate Ease of Doing Business (EoDB) under Telangana State Industrial Project Approval and Self-Certification System (TS-iPASS) Act.
Some of the important functions of this Department are :
- Prompt response to fire calls and other emergencies like floods, earthquakes etc.
- To issue No Objection Certificate for fire hazardous places
- Basic Fire Prevention training to security personnel at Fire Hazardous places
- Creation of public awareness on fire prevention for various sections of society
- Assistance and advice on conducting Fire Drills
- To provide awareness in public about the Fire Safety measures
- To provide standby fire-safety arrangements at large gatherings by charging a nominal amount.
- To provide the ambulance service for rushing the sick and the injured to hospitals at a nominal charge
- To educate and train people in fire prevention and firefighting
The objective of this project was to develop an online system for citizens which will help them to apply for various services like issuing of provisional NO Objection Certificate(NOC), Occupancy NOC duly avoiding the manual process. These services can be accessed from below mentioned service delivery channels.
1) Fire Department portal
2) TS-iPASS portal
All the department functions like issuing of Provisional No Objection Certificate (NOC), Occupancy (NOCs) and Renewal of NOC is made online. Any citizen who requires NOC for their establishments in Telangana can apply through the web portal from any part of the World. Currently, about 2,000 applications were received from citizens seeking various approvals. of these, around 90 percent applications were received through main portal i.e, Fire Department portal (www.fire.telangana.gov.in) and around 10 percent applications were received through TS-iPASS (Single-window for several services pertaining to various Departments) across Telangana State.
Benefits/uses of the application:
- The applicant can apply through Online for any service instead of personally visiting Fire department office and also can pay the prescribed fee online at his own convenient time
- The applicant can track the status of his/her applications and can download the No Objection Certificate (NOC) through online instead of personally visiting the office
- The applicant can maintain a history of all applications in his/her dedicated dashboard
- The applicants can see inspection reports online and will receive SMS alerts during different stages of the application process
- Avoid submitting applications personally in the Fire Department offices spreading across Telangana
- Avoid going to Authorized Banks for making fee payment through challans
Avoid attending Fire Department offices, for finding application status and for collecting No Objection Certificates (NOC)
Link to the website/application: