Project : Finance Department Portal, Telangana
Finance Department, Government of Telangana
The Finance Department, Government of Telangana has implemented several IT initiatives to facilitate and ease its day to day operations, the department introduced web-based e-Tools to ensure effective financial management, discipline, transparency and stakeholder participation in the State Government, which was facilitated by Centre for Good Governance (CGG), Hyderabad.
The initiatives began with a modular method, which includes Budget Management, effective monitoring of ways and means position, real-time decision support system, revenue and expenditure trend analysis and projections etc. Accurate MIS reports are provided to DDO’s/ S.E’s/ C.E’s/Secretaries, Finance Department, Directorate of Works Accounts, Finance (W&P) Department.
Benefits/uses of the application:
- Accurate figures of pending bills for a timely decision on the authorization of bills.
- Time-saving for Pay and Accounts Offices (PAOs)
- Reports on payment vouchers for submission to Accountant General and Drawing and Disbursing Officers (DDOs)
- More accurate estimation of proposals
- Improved budget utilization
- Management of ways and means has become easy
- Pressure on the staff has come down because of FIFO (First-in, First-Out) method
- Need for visiting Financial Department by the concern department staff is reduced. Curtailing departments parking of funds in banks
- Decision-making has become easy for releases
- Aids decision making for just in time releases and gradual reduction in the parking of funds
- Balance under Contingency Fund (CF) is dynamic
Available to all departments Receipts & Expenditure details mainly done through Treasuries
Link to the website/application: