Project : Telangana State Mana Isuka Vahanam (My Sand Taxi)
- Department of Mines and Geology,Telangana State
In alignment with the e-Governance initiatives of Telangana State, Department of Mines and Geology had embarked on an ambitious mission of streamlining the entire process of Sand delivery management system through tractor registrations, online booking of sand and its delivery, real time monitoring and tracking of sand booking, decision making through dashboards, grievance redressal etc.
Telangana State Mana Isuka Vahanam (TSMIV) e-Governance Solution is a State wide Web & Mobile based application, providing cutting edge to the Department of Mines and Geology, Government of Telangana and District Sand Management Societies headed by the Collectors.
TS-MIV has improved the Service Delivery to the Citizens through effective, transparent and efficient Sand Delivery Management in the State.
MIV is conceptualized, designed, developed and maintained by the Centre for Good Governance (CGG) and is a path breaking innovative e-Governance solution with an emphasis on contact less,paper less and cash less services as per Digital India guidelines. ThroughMIV citizens can book Sand either through a web based application or through a Mobile Application from anywhere and anytime in a hassle-free manner without physically visiting the office.
MIV is an automated process without any manual intervention and enables the citizen to get the sand in the lowest possible cost and can track the delivery of the Sand till his/her doorstep and receives alerts at each stage of the sand delivery. MIV provide employment to the tractor owners in the district and controls unauthorized excavation and transportation of sand in the district. This also provides efficiency in the Sand delivery, transparency in the transportation of the sand, responsiveness and accountability of the Sand Management Society, and sustainability of the solution in the longer run.
MIV e-Governance Solution is a long-term solution towards effective sand management in the districtsand for curbing illegal Sand trafficking.MIV e-Governance Solution is unique in the country. The system facilitates
- Building of database of all the registered stakeholders,
- Record geo tagged information of the movement of the tractors
- Upload pictures during the supply chain,
- Financial transactions through various gateways and UPI
- Manages real time Dashboard & MIS reports withend to end online workflows.
In the span of one year, CGG has successfully implemented Web and Mobile based MIV e-Governance Solution in the following 11 districts of Telangana State:
1.Jagital 2.JogulambaGadwal 3.Mancherial 4.Mahabubnagar 5.Nalgonda 6.Narayanpet 7.Peddapalli 8.Wanaparthy 9.Bhadradri Kothagudem 10.Mulugu 11.Karimnagar
Kamareddy and Khammam Districtsare in pipeline stage
|Key project statistics as of June 11th 2020|
|Number of Districts served||11 districts|
|Number of Sand reaches covered||123|
|Total revenue generated||~ Rs. 157 crores|
|Total trips delivered||
~ 5.75 lacs
|Volume of sand delivered||~18.4 lakh cum|
|Number of bookings delivered||~1.79 lakhs|
|Number of tractors registered||7,579|
|District with highest revenue generation||Nalgonda|
Representative Dashboard for District
- Anyone can purchase Sand on web/mobile the way webuy goods on Amazon
- Online booking, online payment and efficient delivery- No involvement of the middleman
- Totally transparent system, no hidden cost to the customers
- Customer can track from the start of the trip, likely day and time of the delivery and get notifications through SMS
- When Driver submits the OTP (received on Customer mobile no) from his registered mobile, delivery is confirmed.
- Tractor registration process is made easy and user friendly
- Tractor queuing process is through software based on FIFO i.e. ‘First In First Out principle ‘–this ensures efficiency & transparency in the system and faith in the Government
- Controls unauthorized excavation and transportation of sand in the district
- Dashboard, Tableau Reports for Department of Mines and Geology,District officials
- Use of Artificial Intelligence Chatbot for automated online conversation related to quick customer service answering common requests
- Telugu Versions for both Web and Mobile Applications
- No manual clearances
- Within 6 months of the implementation revenue receipts in the Districts have gone up by 50%
- Customer satisfaction level is very high
- Implemented in 11 Districts of Telangana and 2 more Districts are in pipeline
- District ADMines can view the daily reports of revenue receipt to the District
- Tractor owner can view total earnings at any given point of time
- Revenue Reports for Department of Mines and Geology for complete transparent data to check the revenue generated from each district
For more information on MIV, log on to https://www.tsmiv.cgg.gov.in/home