- Year of Completion : 2018
- User Department : Andhra Pradesh Disaster Recovery Project (APDRP) funded by World Bank, Revenue (Disaster Management) Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh (GoAP)
Much of the scenic beauty was destroyed due to Cyclone Hudhud on 12th and 13th October 2014. The Government of Andhra Pradesh, with the support of the WorldBank planned for the reconstruction, redevelopment and restoration of these open spaces by undertaking a Master Planning Exercise. In this background an extensive visitor perception survey is to be carried out that will contribute to preparing the master plan, detailed designs, supervision and quality control for all the required redevelopment activities for the mentioned sites.
The broad objective of the study is to conduct an extensive visitors perception survey for which it was envisaged to undertake a perception survey with a specific focus on visitors (Domestic/Foreigners), various key stakeholders and State, District level officials’interviews are taken. The study analyzes field level findings and provides key insights to inform the proposed master planning exercise under APDRP for the reconstruction, redevelopment and restoration of the above mentioned four sites.
The study attempts to document the visitors’ perception survey of below given four tourist locations of Visakhapatnam.
- Visakhapatnam Zoo
- Kambalakonda Eco-Tourism Park
- Visakhapatnam Beach Front
- Kailasagiri Hill Top Park
The specific objectives are:
- To analyze visitor, a profile on the basis of age, Sex, educational and occupational categories;
- To understand the visitor perceptions on the availability of different facilities and to what extent the available facilities provide satisfaction and dissatisfaction if any;
- To evaluate anticipated and actual satisfaction of the visitors relating to different provisions available in the sites considered for study;
- To calculate visitor average spend per visit on different key categories of expenditure separately and to link it with ability and willingness to pay so as to make appropriate pricing and discount pricing strategy on different items;
- To narrate visitor opinion regarding the overall layout of the site, ambience and comfort of enjoying and watching various provisions available at the sites;
- To undertake mapping of different kinds of visitors on the basis of purpose of visit;
- To understand the frequency and mode of arrival and the factors influencing the visit to the specific sites as covered in the study;
- To assess the scope of new activities;
- To understand the influence of seasons on footfall of visitors and the impact of Seasonal issues on visitor’s accessibility and experience;
- To understand such as the availability of lifeguards;
- To assess whether the specific websites are up to date in terms of information, and the quality of visitor experience while using the website.
After incorporating the feedback and suggestions of the World Bank experts, AP Forestry Department, VisakhapatnamUrban Development Authority (VUDA), Greater Visakhapatnam Municipal Corporation(GVMC), AP Tourism Department Corporation (APTDC)and suggestions of the APDRP and Revenue (DM) Department, GoAP. Four sites i.e., Visakhapatnam Zoo, Kambalakonda Eco Park, Visakhapatnam Beach Front and Kailasagiri Hill Top Park, the final draft reports providing a comprehensive picture of visitor perception on availability of different facilities, actual satisfaction, average spend per visit, overall layout of the site ambience and comfort of enjoying and watching various provisions available at the sites, mapping of different kinds of visitors, frequency and mode of arrival and the factors influencing the visit to specific site, scope of new activities, perceptions of the visitors regarding visibility and friendliness of staff and various safety precautions, overall quality etc., are submitted to APDRP, Revenue (DM) Department.